Saturday, November 24, 2007

Failing Better

Rating: GRH (new rating)

Samuel Beckett tells us,
"Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

There's a lovely and moving piece by Rumi that has cropped up a couple of times in my wanderings of the last few days--most recently over at Barefoot and Laughing--that is, I know, much more intentional and courageous in its tenacious embrace of eyes-wide-open hope.

I'm not there yet.
I hope to be, one day--I hope for the willingness to hope for the will to live that kind of hope.
One day.

For now, I give thanks for St Sammy ("a prophet for the rest of us") and his stumpy grumpy grimy covered-in-rainsoaked-redolent-wormy-earth way with words.
Try again.
Fail again.
Fail better.

yours in the struggle,
Max

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Kirstin said...

Max, it would only be hope if I didn't absolutely know that this is who God is, and that for my part, I can be a source of welcome. My path has been taking me here for ever, and it will ocntinue to. That's not hope. It's not even faith. It just is.

I look for redemption, of myself and of the brokenness around me. This is the sense I make.

You are a part of what's helped me find enough of myself, to discover all kinds of things. That is so worth celebrating.

I'll do the meme tomorrow.

((((love))))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


RingSurf Home
Visit this Ring's Home Page!
Gallae by ***OWNER NAME***
[ Join Now | List Sites | Random | ««Prev | Next»» ]