Thursday, August 23, 2007

Yet Even

Rating: B, GT

All of us go down to the dust.
Yet even at the grave we make our song:
Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia.

~The Book of Common Prayer

The sun shines hot and bright and mindless and
Father Rob is dead.
It is not to be understood.

I know
Yes I know I know
we all knew he had cancer
yes I know that thank you
I know he was in pain
and wore out
and my his our Redeemer lives
and we are still the Body of Christ and Rob still belongs to us
and we belong to him
and God is good [all the time] and the
good news is still
good when it doesn't feel good

the wind blows where it will and you I we
do not know where it comes from or where it is going
and Father Rob is dead
and it is not to be understood

kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
kyrie eleison



yours in the struggle,
Max

4 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Kirstin said...

Let light perpetual shine upon him.

I love you.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

...grant that we may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
St. Francis of Assisi

((((((love love love)))))))

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Hello, Max. Kirstin sent me your way. Thank you for this. I was interim at St Aidan's back in 1993 and got to know Rob then. I had heard of his death; you just helped me mourn him.

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Max Rainey said...

Hi Paul,
thanks for stopping by, and it's nice to meet you.
i've been sojourning far from blogland for a couple of months (read: running in circles and clutching my poor queer head)
but hope to be back soon.
peace to you.
max

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


RingSurf Home
Visit this Ring's Home Page!
Gallae by ***OWNER NAME***
[ Join Now | List Sites | Random | ««Prev | Next»» ]