Saturday, September 09, 2006

Friday Five, on Saturday Morning

Rating: SL, QT, GRG

Brought to you by the letter Q and RevGalBlogPals:
Name five things you enjoyed this week.

OK, here goes.

  1. Rosie O'Donnell on The View.
    Ms. O'Donnell is infusing that show with a level of energy that is pure joy to watch. And it's not just her--Barbara, Joy, and Elizabeth are showing more vim and vigor than I've seen from them in a long time. Rosie is moderating the discussion beautifully, making sure everyone is heard, and keeping things moving at a brisk clip. And as you know, I'm an enormous fan of the Queer Stirring of the Stew.

  2. TiVo.
    Oh yes. Never do I watch shitty TV in which I have no interest just because I'm exhausted and need to veg for a bit. Now I veg in front of stuff I actually want to watch. Like the item mentioned above. Plus, I get to fast-forward through those hateful E-Harmony commercials. Is that guy beyond skeevy, or what? Yechhhhh. Heebie-jeebie time. (But I freely admit that I stop and go back for the Citibank identity theft commercials. They crack me up.)

  3. Coffee. It's what's for breakfast.

  4. The animals (3 cats and a dog) who reside in my home. They make me laugh every day. Our small girl cat, Greta Garbo, has completely made the dog her bitch. He freezes anytime she so much as looks in his direction. Yes, it's true: the dog is pussy-whipped.

  5. And the greatest of these is love... My partner, who after ten years is still sexy, brilliant, surprising, challenging, beverage-out-the-nose funny, and the One True Love Of My Life. I'm the luckiest queer in the world.



yours in the struggle,
Max

6 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Max!
We don't have Tivo, but we do have a DVR through the cable company. I love it! There are a couple of shows my family watches obsessively; it was great to be able to watch them when it suited, and know the machine would actually record them. I also had a wonderful time tossing out dusty old videotapes!
Thanks for playing!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Hi Max,

Just found you through the RGBP. You make me laugh!!! Great Friday Five!

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Songbird-- yes, DVR rocks. Glad you're enjoying it!

Marie-- thanks for stopping by! Come back soon--laughter is the sound of the the stew being stirred.

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Max,

So sad I work during the View and don't have TiVo. I have loved Rosie O'Donnell for years!

And I love your little kitty photo.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary Beth-- You must find a way to see it!
And thanks, I'm quite fond of that pic myself--probably because I know the feeling.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

oh it's good to be Max. Great post.
Bless you dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


RingSurf Home
Visit this Ring's Home Page!
Gallae by ***OWNER NAME***
[ Join Now | List Sites | Random | ««Prev | Next»» ]