Monday, August 14, 2006

We Are Now Approaching Terminal Velocity

Rating: ? no idea. so sue me.
Oh, golly. The Dopeler effect (see earlier post "Duck and Cover!" for definition and provenance) continues to red-shift the international terror index.

Mostly it just wears me out to even try to write about it. It's not the constant threat of terrorism that is draining the life force out of me, it's horrorism. As in, "Oh--the horror!" Like Lily Tomlin, I used to be cynical, but I just couldn't keep up.

Happily, there are others out there to shoulder the burden. Check out rhetorically speaking. This writer makes my queer heart go pit-a-pat.

Refuse to be terrorized.

yours in the struggle,
Max

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger David_C said...

Well, you know its time to stir the fear pot a little. The election is coming! The election is coming! Promoting fear has become a black art for this administration. More terror alerts will are on the way. The FBI is close to finishing up an investigation or two and the arrests will be made near election day. And Iran is becoming more of a dangerous threat by the day. Who knows whats around the next dark corner?

When I was 14 years of age I had a paper route and in the winter had to get up before daylight, walk down a dark road, down a long hill with woods on both sides, and could not really see what was in front of me at times. At the end of my walk I'd pick up a bundle of papers. Then I'd makes the return trip. Eventually daylight arrived. I forced myself to face my fear and go on with my job. That lesson has stayed with me through many circumstances.

Fear not...

Queer Dave

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

QD--Tell me about it. "Redirection--it's not just for cheesy kid's party magicians!"
Like, wow, man...the colors... This administration knows how to hook the Boomers, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


RingSurf Home
Visit this Ring's Home Page!
Gallae by ***OWNER NAME***
[ Join Now | List Sites | Random | ««Prev | Next»» ]